Monday 1 February 2016

Perfectly Artistic Layered Rose


I absolutely love the gorgeous rose stamp from the new Rose Wonder set in this years Occassions Catalogue. The size of it is perfect for creating a gorgeous feminine card, and the accompanying sentiments are perfect- from 'thankyou' through to 'sympathy' There is a religious feel to some of the stamps too, which is something you rarely find on stamp sets in Australia.

In a few weeks I will be running a special series with how to colour the rose stamps, however, today I wanted to share this design as the paper is only available for 14 more days! The rose has been stamped twice on one of the beautiful was papers from the Perfectly Artistic paper series. This series is only available until Feb 15, and is one of the FREE Sale-a-Bration offerings available to customers who spend $90AU. If you love the look of water colour and marbling, then these papers are a MUST HAVE!

The first rose image (underneath) has been cut out in whole and stuck directly to the cardstock underneath. With the second rose image I have cut each petal seperately, then adhered the inner edges only using Tombow glue. it is difficult to see in the photograph, but the petals are curled very slightly so that the second layer is raised.

Hint: if you are not a fan of fussy cutting, you can use the matching Rose Garden Thinlet Dies with your Big Shot to similar effect.

The leaves are stamped on Mint Macaron cardstock (which matches the border) and I have added a deeper green with a Stampin' Write Marker (I will discuss this technique in another post)

I love the sentiment, which is suited to so many occasions where it might be difficult to find the right words. I can see myself using this one a lot.

Hope you have a beautiful day, Em
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment