Wednesday 10 February 2016

Hello You Sketchy Chevron


This fun little card came about as the result of an evening crafting with friends. Its great to get together and swap supplies! On this card I finally got to try the Work of Art stamp set (from the Annual Catalogue), one which I have had on my wish list for ages... but fortunately my friend had already purchased!

The sketchy chevron line stamp (featured here behind the sentiment) was a great match for this graphic paper, which is part of the Wildflower Fields suite (a Sale-a-Bration freebie) I used Stampin' Write markers to acheive the 3 coloured effect.

The Hello probably looks familiar by now, having featured on a few of my cards lately. This stamp is only available for a few more days, if you havent got it, make sure you do, its a favourite of mine! For something different I paired it with the "you" from thr Work of Art set.

By layering the design with Crumb Cake it takes on a real retro handmade kind of feel, to me this looks like something I might have sketched back in High School art class. I will be honest, I didnt really like this particular paper pattern when I first saw it, I much prefered the reverse side, a monocrome floral (you can see it here) But paired with bright colours and other "handmade" looking designs, now I really love it!

Hope you have a crafternoon with friends planned soon! Em

 Just a reminder that three of the Sale-a-bration items will only be available until Feb 15. That means you only have a few more days to get them until they are gone forever! For every $90AU you spend get a free item, so now is a great time to get shopping! Use the SHOP button on my side bar. 

Retiring items: Hello (as above, see also ) Sky Is The Limit (see ) Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper (see )

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment