Wednesday 16 December 2015

Sneak Peek: Delightful Dandelion

As soon as I saw the Honeycomb Embellishments in the Occasions Catalogue (available for purchase Jan 5), I added them to the "must have now" list! They are so cute, come in 3 colours Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride and White, and at $8.75 for 12 (approx 73c each) so affordable.

This is what they look like undecorated. They come folded in half with adhesive backs.



The white one instantly reminded me of a dandelion, which is where I got my inspiration for this card.



As I have been spending a lot of my time in bed due to illness, I am always looking for little activities to keep my hands busy. Threading the sequins (from the Love Blossoms embellishment kit) onto Gold Metallic thread took me some time but I love the result. And who knew that when twisted the thread would sprout little white fluffy threads, perfect for dandelions!

From there the dandelion took shape in layers. First I smeared a small circle of Tombow glue onto the Mint Macaron card, right where I wanted the head of the dandelion. I then looped some more metalic thread freehand to give a sort of fluffy look.

Next I added the Honeycomb embellishment. I added a little more Tombow as the adhesive on the embellishment wasnt quite enough to stick onto the threads underneath.

I had to adhere the threaded sequins one by one. I didn't want to put the glue straight onto the delicate honeycomb, instead I dipped each sequin into the glue then carefully attached it with tweezers. I used the same method to apply those petals caught in the wind.



The stem is 3 layers of metallic thread twisted together, over some gold pen lines.

Along the bottom are two strips of paper cut from the Love Blossoms stack, as well as a little wooden heart from the Love blossoms embellishment kit.

Stay tuned in coming days for more sneak peeks and a super exciting blog hop! And remember to check out the great year end sale on now!!



 Love Em










No comments:

Post a Comment