Wednesday 6 May 2015

Blooms and Bows

Just a quick post today... a card that I made for very important occasion in a good friends life. (I have edited out the sentiment because it might take awhile for this card to reach the recipient and her name is on it! LOL)

This card took fussy cutting to the extreme, I actually cut out all of the those flower images, and the matting for the bow!! Then I drew around each design with a black pen. I did all the fussy stuff over about a week, having stamped out the images on a Saturday afternoon.

I wanted to use my Bow Builder punch, but felt that a bow in the patterned paper alone wouldn't stand out enough against such a busy background. So I punched the bow pieces, adhered them to cardstock, and then cut around them leaving a small border.Then I just constructed the bow as usual.

Supplies used on the card are as follows:

Crazy About You stamp set
Pistachio Pudding cardstock (retired)
Strawberry Slush cardstock (retired)
Whisper White cardstock
Hello Honey ink
Mossy Meadow Ink
Lost Lagoon Ink
Strawberry Slush ink (retired)
All Abloom Designer Paper Stack (retired)
Black Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment