Monday 27 April 2015

Retired Product- Day 5

NOTE: This post is not just for scrapbookers. For the card makers out there, keep reading, I am going to show you how to use PL to suit you!

Have you noticed how many of the Project Life products are on the retired list! I have pretty much added them all to my shopping cart!

Having done traditional scrapbooking for many years, it took me awhile to adjust to the idea of PL. My hesitations were that perhaps it wouldn't feel as creative, and I would somehow be limited to what I could create.

NOT AT ALL! I am so glad that I finally nabbed some Project Life products as part of the Sale-a-bration promotion earlier this year. I am loving that I can create quick pages, without having to think about colour coordinating. It used to drive me crazy when I would order stuff online and then in real life, it clashed terribly.

I also love the quality of the product, and the fact that they can be customized. I can create a page in 10 minutes, or if I have more time, I can start customizing the product for a more unique look. I also love that the 12" page protectors fit right in along my traditional pages. I will blog my album soon, but basically I have a 12" binder, in which I put traditional 12", traditional 8.5" and PL pages.

Above is a page I created using my freebie Project Life cards (and a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock embossed with the Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder... both of which are retiring)

I promised that there would be something in this post for card makers, and here it is... you can totally use your Project Life goodies in card making! For a basic card, just use the PL as is, straight up on a cardstock background. But if you want to get inky, go for it... you can stamp and spritz and diecut these cards as much as you like.

Here is a card that I made with the same PL kit as my layout above. It seriously took me about 5 minutes!


I have listed a whole heap of the retiring Project Life card and accessories kits below. Keep in mind some of the stamps are also on the retired list.

Get your hands on these goodies because they wont be around for long.

Love Em









No comments:

Post a Comment