Wednesday 29 April 2015

Retired Product- Day 6

Have you been spending up big on the retired products. My bank account is certainly looking a little sad... but my craft cungpboard will be happy. Today I am using 4 products off the retired list... in fact, the only item on the card that isn't retired is my adhesive!

I based my design around a piece of Pistachio Pudding cardstock  embossed with the Fancy Fan Textured Impression Embossing Folder. Since the folder is retiring with the current list, I thought now would be a great time to use it. I also decided to swipe the embossed sections with Pistachio Pudding ink to make the pattern stand pop

I knew I wanted to make a wedding card, so the retired Cheers to Love stamp was an easy choice, as were the other cardstock colors which are part of the 2013 In Color collection.

As I was looking at my patterned paper supplies, I realized there was a paper in the All Abloom Designer Paper Stack that matched the fan pattern exactly, and it was Strawberry Slush colored. But I found it made the card a bit too pink, so I ended up going for the Mossy Meadow floral pattern from the same stack.



 Because of the positioning of the fans, and that I wanted to run them vertically across the card, I decided to go with a gatefold design. The card is held closed with the floral band to which the sentiment is attached.


I have run a small offcut of the embossed cardstock along the inside to add interest and for cohesion.

I am really happy with how this card came up!

Make sure you pop back tomorrow for more retired product play.

Love Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment