Thursday 12 March 2015

Thrifty Thursday: Hello Butterfly


Just a quick post today to share a little project using the Butterfly Thinlets die and the Irresistibly Yours free paper from the Sale-a-bration catalogue. You might think using free paper on Thrifty Thursday is cheating... BUT... when you think about it, what is more thrifty than organizing to order so you end up with something FREE.

Here is how I plan my orders:

During Sale-a-bration I work out my order so that I can get as close to the $90 spend as possible. (eg. $92 order= 1 Sale-a-bration product and only $2 that didn't earn me a freebie, $184 = 2 Sale-a-bration orders and only $4 that didn't earn me a freebie.) If I am ever a bit short of earning a freebie, just say my order only came to $84, then I will add in something I know I am going to use eg. Whisper White Cardstock, adhesive, a black ink refill) to bump up my order.

I also look for 'bundle' deals where I can save money. For instance, in the Occasions Catalogue you can get the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set and the Butterflies Thinlets Dies in a bundle, and you save 15%.

Its worth doing the math (or ask me to do it for you)!

This card does use a few 'in the pantry' supplies- 4 ink pads, 2 dies, ribbon and a bit of cardstock. But when I can earn a packet of 12 sheets of paper stocking my pantry, then I am pretty happy :)


What is your favourite product from the Occasions Catalogue?

Love Emilie


No comments:

Post a Comment