Wednesday 18 March 2015

Sale-a-bration Butterflies Day 4





My inspiration for this card was the colour purple.

March is Epilepsy Month, with 26th March being official Purple Day to raise awareness for this condition. Dan and I have relatives and friends who are affected with Epilepsy, so the colour purple has been on my mind all month.

I used Blackberry Bliss as my chosen 'purple' in this card. I love the smooth richness of the cardstock, and find that the ink looks amazing when incorporated into projects. For instance, the Irresistibly Yours paper (from the initial Sale-a-bration release) has had Blackberry Bliss ink painted over the top in a watercolour technique. The colour is not a strong as the cardstock, but still retains a rich depth to it.

The middle panel of the card is Whisper White cardstock with a very light application of Blackberry Bliss ink spritzed onto it. I did it with an ombre effect, where the lower portion of the panel is darker, and then it gets lighter towards the top. It was very hard to photograph sorry!


The design on the middle panel is from the Sale-a-bration Natures Perfection set, as is the butterfly. The butterflies wings are coloured with Pistachio Pudding, Coasal Cabana and Lost Lagoon inks using a watercolour application.

I love the little 'for being you' sentiment too! It is stamped directly to Whisper White cardstock, with the edges of the rectangle swiped in Coastal Cabana Ink. The same swipe of ink has been applied to both the Whisper White frame and the minty blue mat (made from the Occasions catalogue wrapper!!)


I love this paneled look and will definitely be incorporating it in some of my future cards.

Well... there are only 13 days of Sale-a-bration left... have you got all the products you wanted!?

Love, Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment