Tuesday 17 March 2015

Sale-a-bration Butterflies Day 3





For me, this card was all about trying out new techniques.

I created the 'background' using Whisper White cardstock. First I spritzed the cardstock with Tangelo Twist and Hello Honey ink using a spritzer.

I think did a 'bokeh' technique with Whisper White craft ink and my 2" punch. Not satisfied with the look of just white, I also added some Pistachio Pudding ink in the same manner.

I then stamped the butterflies using a masking technique. They are stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe and Hello Honey, and they come from the Papillion Potpourri set.

Finally I added the tiny blue dots using a dabbing technique.


I loved the paper I had created, it had a real 'arty' feel to it. I actually created a whole A4 sheet in this design, so look out for snips of it on more upcoming projects.

Sticking with the strong butterfly theme, I used the Sheer Perfection vellum from the Sale-a-bration flyer as a border. First I layered a 3cm strip of the vellum onto some cardstock, then I fussy cut the same butterfly images from another sheet of vellum and layered them over the top. It is hard to tell from this photo, but the butterfly wings are actually 3D.

I am really happy with how the card turned out. Again, I didnt feel the need to add a sentiment, as the card just felt so busy, and really it could be used for a number of occasions.

Fortunately I had the Downton Abbey dvd for all the fussy cutting!

See you tomorrow for more ideas and remember... only 14 days of Sale-a-bration to go!

Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment