Monday 16 March 2015

Sale-a-bration Butterflies Day 2







A quick note before I begin, I have just realized that the Elegant Butterfly punch and All Abloom paper stack are actually on SPECIAL until Tuesday this week! So you have one day to get them cheaper! Woo hoo!
 

Todays card happened in stages, I actually made it over 3 crafting sessions. It took me awhile to work out how I wanted to layer the images, and I am really happy with the final result.

In the first session, I punched out the butterflies (from the Natures Perfection set, punched with the Elegant Butterfly punch)

After making a scrapbook page using the Stacked with Love papers (the black and white) ones, I had a few small strips left. I layered them under the butterflies, but then got stumped as to what I wanted to do left, so I put the project aside and went on to something else.



On the next crafternoon, I played with laying my butterfly panel on a variety of the Sale-a-bration Sheer Perfection vellum. I loved how they looked on the design with the tiny diagonal stripes, however I didnt know where to go next. I tried layering what I had made on some of the Stacked with Love papers, but the results just seemed too busy. Again I set aside what I was doing.

Last week when doing a workshop for one of my clients, I came across the pink paper in the All Abloom paper stack. I knew instantly that I had found the perfect match.

So yesterday I finally finished the card. I have left it without a sentiment, as it is quite busy, and I dont have a specific occasion in mind yet.

I never like to force creativity. Sometimes simple projects can take several days to come together. And that is ok. I have a little folder of works in progress, every time I craft, I like to flick through and see if any new inspiration hits me. If not, its okay, they can stay in the folder.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another Sale-a-bration butterfly treat... and remember, only 15 days til Sale-a-bration is over for the year.

Much Love

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment