Sunday 1 March 2015

Colour Coordinated Cutie


One of the things I LOVE about Stampin'Up! is that its so easy to coordinate products. When I worked in a scrapbooking store many years ago, I would meticulously spend time matching up my patterned papers (by one design company) to my cardstock (by another design company) then try to find an ink or an embellishment that would match (by countless other companies.)

Once I moved to the Kimberley, far from any bricks and mortar stores, I found it near impossible. I could never tell when ordering online what would match, and then I would be so frustrated to find that I had ordered things that looked great together on screen, but in real life, clashed terribly. I remember complaining to my husband "But its the wrong yellow!!" (He gave me that 'crazy paper lady' look reserved for such moments)

With Stampin'Up! you can always find out which colours are featured in the DSP, and then have the certainty of knowing they are going to match with the cardstock, ink, ribbon, blendies, stickers, etc. etc. The layout above (featuring my adorable nephew) was a cinch to create knowing that I had colours to match everything.

I even managed to use up some of the chipboard letters in my stash by covering them with DSP and inking the edges with coordinating ink. Too easy.

When ordering with Stampin'Up! check what ranges you have already and order stuff that is going to match, that way you can give your old products a new look, and make sure you use up what you already have on hand.

Love, Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment