Saturday 28 February 2015

Arty Butterfly: playing with thinlets part 2


Remember my happy accident yesterday? (that sounds bad... maybe scroll down and read the post! LOL)

I was so excited by what I had discovered that I continued to play with the Butterfly Thinlets and Ink.
This card was made using the 'stamp with a diecut' technique (for the cut out butterfly in Strawberry Slush ink at front) but also by laying the diecut straight onto the ink pad and pressing onto Whisper White Cardstock (they are the background images.) The top and bottom images turned out quite different (the top one is 'blurrier'), I am not sure if that's because I moved when I was pressing down, or if it was from different ink levels in the pad. Either way, I don't mind, because I feel like this look replies on imperfection to give it an arty edge.


When I first started with Stampin' Up! I mainly just thought about the stamps, but its so exciting to learn new techniques... even ones with no 'stamps' as such.

Have a great weekend,

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment