Tuesday 3 March 2015

Another Sale-a-bration Creation


Recently I got a chance to play with the free Irresistibly Yours paper from the Sale-a-bration catalog. It is so much fun to work with, I hope that Stampin'Up! make it a permanent product range.

For those who haven't used it, here is how it works. The paper is a matte white, with a glossy white pattern printed on it. If you use it as is you will notice the glossy shimmer in the light (which is beautiful in itself, watch out for my upcoming wedding invitation using the paper.) However you can also use a range of colouring techniques which will reveal the pattern, as the glossy coating will resist the ink.

It reminded me of those 'secret notes' you make in Primary School, writing on white paper with white crayon, then getting your friend to paint over it and reveal the note!

You can add colour to the paper in a range of ways, with Blendibilities Markers (which you can also score for free during Sale-a-bration), using a spritzer or water colour technique, or with your stamps. I saw a really great example last week where a demonstrator used the polka dot Irresistibly Yours paper, then using a range of inks and a dauber, created another polka dot look over the top.


I used a watercolour technique to reveal the pattern on my paper, using two different ink colours (Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana)

The scallop pattern was made using the Big Shot and the Rosette Designer Bigz Die... yep, you read that right... I noticed that the Rosette Die creates a cool scalloped edge, so figured I would use it as is, rather than fold it into a Rosette.

The ribbon is the awesome Burlap ribbon featured in the Annual Catalog, and the stamp sentiment is from ANOTHER Sale-a-bration freebie set (You Brighten My Day). I have based the card front on Lost Lagoon cardstock, then layered over a Whisper White card.

I like this sentiment 'There is always something to be thankful for." Its perfect for so many occasions, but I also love that it made me stop and think about the things I AM THANKFUL FOR!

Hope you are having a good week!

Love Em

No comments:

Post a Comment