Wednesday 4 March 2015

Heart Candies

Remember those Heart Candies you would get as kids? They were pastel colours with cute little sayings on them.

Being Australian, I grew up saying 'lollies' rather than 'candy.' I went to a little Primary School, it was so small it didn't even have a canteen. But on Fridays, mum could ring up the local shop and put in a lunch order which would get delivered to school in a brown paper bag. We called it 'Bought Lunch.' Mum would let us have a lunch item (I always got a pie), a Prima Juice Box and one treat of our choice. I loved getting 50c worth of 'Heart Candies' ("Not lollies mum, they are CANDIES")

When I saw this stamp in the Sale-a-bration free set "You Brighten My Day', my mind immediately went back to those summer days at Primary School, sitting in the 'Shelter Shed' and eating heart candies whilst my pie went cold!


This card was totally inspired by the multi coloured heart candies. It was quick and fun, made using the 2014-2016 In Color Inks, Whisper White Cardstock, and a base of Blackberry Bliss cardstock.

  

I am planning to replicate the card using pastel colours, just like the original lollies. Its funny what inspires you right, sometimes its a 20 year old memory of something you ate!

Speaking of eating... Dinner Time!

Love, Em



No comments:

Post a Comment