Thursday 19 February 2015

Thrifty Thursday: 2 from 1

In response to my recent post about affordable cards, I have created Thrifty Thursday!, a series in which I hope to inspire you to create cards for around the $1 mark. I wont bore you with the math every week, but check out my original post for the basic breakdown of card costing.

Today I wanted to share two quick cards that I made using:

1 Stamp- From the Label Love Set.
1 Ink Pad- Strawberry Slush
1 Paper Range- Patio Party range, cut into 'ribbons' with coordinating different designs

(Additional items= 2 buttons, 1 piece of card and a circle cut from a scrap of paper, plus ofcourse the card bases)

Card 1 was made by cutting some of the 'ribbons' into 3-7cm lengths and shaping the ends so that they indeed look like ribbons. They were then adhered running vertically. Two more 'ribbons' with unshaped or square ends, were run across the top, and 2 buttons added for detail.
The just for you stamp was stamped onto a separate piece of cardstock, trimmed, and then adhered to the bottom of the card.


Card 2 was made by layering ribbons across a piece of card cut 1cm smaller than my card base.
The circle pendant was cut out of coordinating paper from the same range.
This time I adhered the entire Just for You sentiment including the label.

Easy right? All up these cards took maybe 20 minutes to create.

Let me know (either here or facebook) whether you enjoy the Thrifty Thursday feature.

Love Emilie


No comments:

Post a Comment