Monday 16 February 2015

generic card bases

Generally I try to keep a stash of handmade cards at the ready for when my husband or I want to give a card, but I don't have time to make one. For instance, when a work colleague looses a loved one in death, or when someone does a random act of kindness and I want to thank them. Particularly if these events happen mid week, I don't necessarily have the time to sit down and make a card, and yet, I want the person to know I have thought of them, I don't want to wait until I have the time which could be a week or more afterwards.

The problem is, I am very low on storage space. I have a small area in one drawer that can fit about 15 standard size cards at the most. Often I cant find exactly what I need amongst those cards, I can find a masculine 'thankyou' card but not a masculine 'sympathy' card, or I find a card perfect for a friend who is unwell, but it says 'congratulations.' And then there are the baby ones where you don't know the sex until the day it arrives!

Well, I think I have found a solution to my problem! Instead of making up my cards completely, I am going to make the fronts/bases, but wait until I am about to use the card to add the sentiment. It only takes me a few minutes to stamp an appropriate sentiment, cut or punch it, and adhere it to my card. I seriously don't know why I didn't think of this idea earlier!

Here are a few card fronts I have made this week (I just need to stick them onto a card base). I had the flu so I did the handstitched elements (around the circles) tucked up in bed. I actually made 6 of each base, using some papers from the Tea for 2 Range. Now I need to make a few masculine ones, maybe one or two that would appeal to kids, and I am all prepared.




I love being organized!

Love, Emilie



No comments:

Post a Comment