Friday 27 February 2015

Graphic Butterfly- playing with thinlets part 1


So this week I finally got a chance to play with the butterfly thinlets dies. I totally fell in love with them as soon as I saw them in the Occasions catalogue, and have created a few projects using the actual die cuts which I will post next week.

This card though... it was a happy accident. I was trying a masking technique for which I would usually use a spritzer, but I didn't have a reinker in white. So I played around with putting the die cut on the ink pad, pushing down with a clearblock, then carefully peeling off the die and stamping it using another clear block. Then I noticed the impression of the butterfly in my inky block, so I stamped that too. It was really inky so I stamped it few times, and loved the imperfect prints it gave.I like the arty look of this card, its messy and its fun. It actually inspired a few more of these arty style cards.

I think people will either love it or hate it, its very different to what I usually create



 I love the texture of the craft ink on the black cardstock.


Sometimes it is really good to be forced to go outside your comfort zone and try something new.

Love, Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment