Friday 13 May 2016

Scrapping in A4 format


When it comes to my scrapbbok albums (I now have over 30) I dont stick to one specific size or style. All of my layouts go onto a 12" binder (personally I like to buy black ones for a cohesive look, such as this one by Stampin'Up!) This includes traditional 12 inch pages, Project Life pages, and A4 pages. I LOVE the freedom of being able to create in whatever format I choose, and I have yet to hear anyone complain that my album pages arent all a standard size (quite the opposite, people are usually just impressed at what I have recorded)

A4 is an easy size to work with. Our brains are used to doing things on a computer to A4 size, many magazines are this size, and if you are a fan of incorporating computer text on your layout, it fits easily in a standard printer.


A4 layouts can run horizontally (landscape) or vertically (portrait). Because of the dimensions of the page, a standard 4x6 photo can look quite large, so this size is well suited when you only have 1 or 2 photos to tell the story, and you dont want to order enlargements (I find this is particularly the case with some phone based photos, or photos from Facebook or email, where the file size doesnt allow for quality enlargement.)

Materials used:

S layout; Cardstock (Mint Macaron, Hello Honey and Cajun Craze), Botanical Gardens Paper Series
 
Jump, jump, sugar lump; Cardstock (Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black) Birthday Bouquet Paper Series, Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment