Thursday 10 March 2016

Dandelion Layout

 Do you ever love a paper or an embellishment so much that you dont want to put it on a card and give it away?! As soon as I saw the Honeycomb Embellishments in the Occasions Catalogue I fell in love! They are sooo cute, and remind me of those little cocktail stirrers I collected as a kid!
image courtesy of candleandcake.co.uk

As a scrapbooker, I love that we can use our crafty stash but still keep it and look at it in our albums (that sounds bad doesnt it!) so i knew i would be doing a layout or two featuring little honeycomb spheres of cuteness!

You may remember this dandelion inspired card, which I made during the Occasions Sneak Peek! Recently I got some gorgeous photos of my niece playing with dandelions (and some not so pretty pics of my nephew drooling on one!), so I simply adapted my card idea to a layout!


As with my card, I added little messy loops of metallic thread under the honeycomb embellishments. Although they are self adhesive, I found I needed to add a bit of Tombow to help stick the embellishments over the thread.


A stamp from the Sale-a-bration set flowering fields stamped in Mint Macaron and then embossed lightly in gold adds a nature inspired touch.


This layout was really quick and simple, highlighting the subject of the photos rather than detracting from it. Im really pleased with the balance of this design.

 Are you a scrapbooker? As well as some great stamps,  Sale-a-bration freebies include a great 12" paper pack, and some exclusive Project Life cards. Get yours today with 1 free item for every $90au spent. Click SHOP NOW in the sidebar to start browsing!

Thanks for visiting my blog today, make sure you check out more of my layouts by clicking the scrapbooking label.

Cheers, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment