Saturday 27 February 2016

Inspired By... Retro Wallpaper


This inspiration for this card comes from my grandmother (Maa Maa's) home. Her house was a big rambling farmhouse in which she raised her 6 children. The decor was a real mish mash of everything she and my Pop loved- bright colours, muted mustards and greens, clashing patterns and textures, and hundreds of knick knacks on every available surface. I was only 7 or 8 when she moved into a retirement unit, but I have so many vivid memories of that house.

This paper reminded me immediately of a wallpaper you would find in my MaaMaa's home. The Old Olive colour and the slightly imperfect stripes... I decided to go for a colour that kind of clashed, just like my grandparents would have, so Watermelon Wonder fitted the scheme perfectly!

Both the stamped florals and the patterned paper are Sale-a-Bration items, so they can be earned FREE between now and March 31st. Click here to find out more or visit my Stampin'Up! Store to start shopping now!

Have a great day, Em



No comments:

Post a Comment