Thursday 25 February 2016

Dotty Dinosaurs


Todays card was a "happy accident" of sorts. A friends daughter was recently ill in hospital, and I wanted to make her a bright happy card to cheer her up. This girl is definitely not a fan of pink, florals, or ruffles, so I had to think of something fun, yet funky!

I was shuffling through supplies when I came across an InColor kit I had left over from last years Annual Catalogue launch. I love that the 2015 InColors are just the right mix of bright and earthy, not overly girly, but very cheerful.

I figured out that for the card base I wanted 3 stripes- Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe, and I decided a big sentiment in Watermelon Wonder would be just the right amount of "pink" without being overly feminine. The "Just for You" stamp from the "Botanicals For You" Sale-a-Bration set was perfect, and the light hearted expression "because you are awesome" from the same set fitted my theme exactly.
 
The dinosaurs were an element I had left over from another project. (Already stamped and fussy cut!) Since the cards recipient is a huge fan of reptiles, I figured that a few purple dinosaurs would be greatly appreciated! I laid them out on my card base but something was missing... and I really wanted to add a few Cucumber Crush and Delightful Dijon pops.

I already had the Big Shot on the bench, and sitting next to it were the Circle Framelits. Another happy coincidence!! A few circles add a whimsical touch and were just what was needed to complete my card.

I am really happy with the finished product, particularly since I went into the process of making my card with no real vision of how I wanted it to turn out! Here are the supplies I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Happy Creating, Em

Want free craft stuff? For every $90 you spend during Sale-a-Bration, you can pick 1 free item from the special mini catalogue! Click SHOP NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment