Tuesday 8 December 2015

Serendipitous Bohemian Thankyou

Serendipity: a fortunate happenstance or pleasant surprise.



After finishing a bunch of cards one afternoon, I was beginning to pack up, and noticed a piece of Bohemian paper that was just about the length of a card. It was cut a bit rough, which made me think, why not trim along the pattern.

I held it against a card base but felt it needed grounding somehow. Looking back at the scraps a few more stood out to me- a fat strip of Bermuda Bay, a few little bits of Delightful Dijon and Rich Razzleberry. I played around, trimmed a little and done.

I really didn't want to unpack my stamps, so I went back to the scrap pile. A piece of Tip Top Taupe already stamped but discarded from another project. Perfect! I gently tore the edges, and I was done.

Its not the prettiest card, it doesnt show much technique, but the recipient loved it! A simple card made from scraps made someones day!

Whats in your scrap bin? Maybe have another look.

love Em

No comments:

Post a Comment