Thursday 24 December 2015

Butterfly Forest

This card was inspired by the butterfly house at Melbourne Zoo. For those who havent been, the enclosure is full of greenery. Amongst it are bright yellow and red "feeding disks" where the butterflies can perch to eat. If you are lucky a butterfly might even land on you.



I was really happy with how the card turned out, however I felt like it wasnt finished. After I gave it away I realized what was missing... colour on the butterflies. I think they would look perfect with some vivid colours on their wings. What do you think? I am going to recreate the card with Stampin' Write markers, and I think I will replace the torn grey sections with a paler green to represent leaves.

Regardless I still want to post the original, and then once I get around to it, the recreation.

The base card is Mossy Meadow and the background design (from the set "I think you're great") is stamped in Mossy Meadow ink. I love that subtle tonal look. The butterflies are from the Papillion Potpourri set and are punched out using the Elegant Butterfly punch.

If you ever visit Melbourne, the zoo is well worth seeing. It's a short tram ride from the cbd. The meerkat enclosure is my favourite...might have to ask Stampin'Up! to make a meerkat stamp!

Love Em



No comments:

Post a Comment