Tuesday 30 June 2015

Party Favor and Gift Inspiration

Have you ever received a party favour at a wedding and thought "What on earth am I going to do with this?" Its happened to me a few times, you get an item which gathers dust for a few years until you eventually move house and 'loose' it.

Whilst browsing the internet recently, I came across a great gallery entitled "18 Party Favours People Will Actually Use" These ideas are really cool, and I can see myself using all of them! They could also be used as gifts for teachers, workmates, family or friends. If you have a few minutes its worth checking out the whole gallery, but today I am going to share a few favourites here (as well as links to similar products from Stampin'Up! so you can make them yourself)

Please note: Whilst the images from www.homelife.com.au have been credited as such, some are originally from other sources, check the site for details.

Image courtesy of homelife.com.au 

I love candles, and think this is a great gift for any type of party!

The stamp on top reminds me of the Cottage Greetings set (you could create a wreath using the tiny flowers) or you can stamp ready made wreaths from the Wonderous Wreath set or Circle of Spring.
The names could be spelt out using the Back to Basics Alphabet which comes in a size suited to finer projects.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Image courtesy of homelife.com.au

How cute are these little envelopes, which contain a tea bag! Thoughtful, useful, and unlikely to sit around too long collecting dust. A simple envelope like this could easily be made using the new Envelope Papers, in particular the neutrals range. And stamp sets such as Birthday Blossoms or Everything Eleanor lend perfectly to the 'nature' theme, but really you could customize this simple gift to suit any wedding decor.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Image courtesy of homelife.com.au
I love these simple brown paper bags, and the cute addition of a doily adds a romantic feel. These could be used to carry home a piece of cake, some lollies, soaps etc.
Stampin'Up! posted a similar image recently on Pinterest.
Image courtesy of Stampin'Up! Pinterest.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Image courtesy of homelife.com.au

How delicious does this party favour look!! Yum Yum! Seasonal fruit is a fantastic idea, particularly if you are getting married on a farm or in a rural setting!
The Petite Cafe Bags are well suited to small fruits like cherries or grapes, or could also be used for a few macarons or friands.
The bags can be stamped on, as shown on this image from Stampin'Up! (the bags I have linked are kraft though)
Image courtesy of Stampin'Up! Pinterest

Image courtesy of homelife.com.au

These little seed packs are adorable favours, and ensure your green thumbed guests will think of you for some time to come (ofcourse, less garden friendly guests may not.) You might remember this card that I made, featuring a vellum seed packet. Vellum or envelope paper would be perfect for this use, and Stampin'Up! have a variety of both.
To decorate you could use any of the nature themed stamp, such as Wild About Flowers or Bordering Blooms.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Photo courtesy of homelife.com.au

Mini Muslin Bags are a popular gift at the moment and Stampin'Up! actually have a few examples in the new annual catalogue (see pages 77 and 121)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

 Image courtesy of homelife.com.au
I
 love this use for the muslin bag with a seed bird feeder. Ofcourse you will need a bird stamp :)

 Image courtesy of homelife.com.au

This final gift is probably my favourite, a simple soap, wrapped in brown paper and lace! You could print the paper wrapper, or use stamps for a simple sentiment. I love these lace options from Stampin'Up!.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Don't be surprised if you get a soap from me soon!

Have a great weekend

Love Em








No comments:

Post a Comment