Wednesday 24 June 2015

Dancing Princesses Gift Box

I have always been a fairly avid reader, and as a child I remember one book in particular that I read again and again. I don't remember the title anymore, but it had well known fables and stories from a variety of different countries. I particularly liked the story "Twelve Dancing Princesses." It is a traditional German fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.


Recently whilst looking at Instagram, I came across a cute little gift box, fashioned to look like a dress. For some reason I immediately thought of the 12 Dancing Princesses. I clicked on the image and was excited to note that it was made by a German person who uses the account name @tante_nana. Here is a link to the original image https://instagram.com/p/3pIvtSi_gp/
Unfortunately I cannot read German, so I am not sure if she came up with the original design.

I knew immediately that my 3 year old niece would LOVE to get a princess present, so I drafted up my own copy of the box. Here is what I came up with:
I used a scrap of the retired Gold Soiree paper for the skirt and bow with Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock to form the dress and box. The bow is made using the Bow Builder Punch.

Since it was super quick to make, I decided to use up a few more scraps and see what other variations I could come up with. (I actually had a lot of fun with this, I felt like I was playing paper dolls!)


For my next design I got a bit more creative, giving my princess a glittery top (using Dazzling Details) and a ruffled paper skirt. This one was created using the retired Lullaby DSP and Coastal Cabana Cardstock.



Finally I decided to make a bridal gift box, this time using Very Vanilla Cardstock, some left over vellum from Sale-a-bration, and a bow created from the Gold Soiree paper. I added lots of glitter to the bodice and skirt of the dress using Dazzling Details, and then finished off the 'outfit' with a Very Vintage button.

I love how these little boxes turned out, I think they would look super cute at a princess party, or even a hen's night. Its also a great way to use up some scraps!

If you would like the pattern I used to create this yourself, feel free to pop me an email.

Much love, Em

Don't forget, if you join Stampin'Up! between now and June 30, you get to choose 2 free stamp sets from the new catalogue! Contact me for information, or click here to join now!



No comments:

Post a Comment