Wednesday 20 May 2015

Project Life with Traditional Product

 So first up, I am just going to say that taking photos of Project Life layouts is really really hard. So please forgive my poor attempts, I promise to keep reading up on how to do better. :) Until then... you will just have to look at my face all blurry!


I have talked before about my initial reservations towards Project Life. I was worried it would cramp my creativity (wrong!) and that my layouts would just look the same as everyone else's (wrong again) or that I couldn't use enlargements (insert buzzer noise here...)

But I have since found that by customizing the cards, mixing and matching them with stuff I have onhand, and creatively cropping my pics, that I can spend hours on one layout (just like I do with traditional scrapbooking lol) But, I do love that if I want to create something quickly, PL gives me that option.

I think sometimes people worry though that they have product on hand (or see amazing new product that isn't PL, but instead one of the DSP ranges or paper stacks) and think it cant work with the PL system.

 UUURGH! (thats a buzzer noise)

You can use any of the Stampin'Up! range with Project Life! This page was made using the Stacked with Love Paper Stack and regular Stampin'Up! Cardstock. I simply cut it to size using my PL cards as a template.

This page is made with the All Abloom stack, Cheers to Love stamps and Strawberry Slush ink (all retired and currently on sale.)

Its true that I could have made a traditional page with the supplies, but I love how the PL page protectors look and that I don't have to stress about the layout (which saves me a lot of time.)

There is something very tactile about traditional pages though. I am a big fan of layering and dimension, and often add accents on the outside of my page protectors (and no... I don't have kids...)

I have been doing the same thing with my PL, adding dimensional accents on the cards, and even on the outside of the protector.



If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend getting your hands on some PL product, even if you just incorporate it into your traditional cards or layouts. Stampin'Up! Project Life range coordinates perfectly with other Stampin'Up! product, making it perfect to mix and match.

How do you scrapbook? Do you like to mix it up?

Love Em


No comments:

Post a Comment