Friday 1 May 2015

Mojo Monday 395- Celebrate In Color

Have you heard of Mojo Monday? It is a fantastic website showcasing a card sketch each week. You can create a project with your interpretation of it, and then share with other participants around the world. Or you can just go there for loads of inspiration and ideas!

This week was my first time taking part in Mojo Monday. I probably wont get the chance to do it every week, but will definitely give it a go when possible.

Here is this weeks sketch:

I decided to use the Stampin'Up! 2013 In Colors on this card, as they are retiring soon, and I really love them!! (That said, I got a sneak peak at the new 2015 In Colors this week and they are amazing too... stay tuned for more!!)

I followed the sketch fairly closely, however I left off the little bow, added another layer to my circle feature, and added another paper pendant. I used the All Abloom Papers as they coordinate so well with the pinks and green from the 2013 In Colors. I have also added a tiny bit of Hello Honey (behind the butterfly) and Mossy Meadow (the larger circle.)

You might notice that my light green circle is slightly irregular. After I cut it out at the same size as the dark green circle, I carefully tore about 3mm off around the circumference. I like this natural look, as it fits with the theme of the card (the blossoms and the butterfly) and adds a handmade feel.

The butterfly is from the Papillion Potpourri set, stamped in Strawberry Slush ink, and cut out with the Elegant Butterfly punch. The butterfly behind was handcut from a scrap of Hello Honey patterned paper.
The 'hello' sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by today, make sure to check back soon for more inspiration!

Love, Emilie





1 comment:

  1. Cute, fun and vibrant card...sure to brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete