Thursday 16 April 2015

Thrifty Thursday: Lotus Blossom

Its been a few weeks since I did a Thrifty Thursday post and to be honest, I didn't create this card with that theme in mind.
I wanted to make a special card for a couple that we love very dearly, and the sentiment included in the Sale a Bration Lotus blossom set was just perfect! I decided I might as well incorporate the blossom as well. I love the way it has come up in the Strawberry Slush ink.
For the background, I was inspired by the dappled afternoon light on my desk. I used another Sale-a-bration stamp (from the Best Day Ever set), but a dauber, or even the end of a pencil, could be used to similar effect.
I ripped the cardstock matting for my stamped image, as the whole card has a natural feel to it, and I thought that a straight edge on the cardstock might look a bit to sharp. I am really happy with what I have achieved.
Only after I photographed this card for the blog did I realize just how thrifty I had been in creating it... a very happy accident indeed :)

Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment