Friday 30 January 2015

working from a sketch

 A few weeks ago, I stepped outside my 'comfort zone' and took part in a sketch challenge. Personally I don't tend to plan my projects, particularly cards, but an idea develops once I have gathered the supplies I want to play with. Sometimes I am governed by a specific theme (eg. a get well card for my uncle probably wouldn't feature a whole lot of floral motifs), but I still wouldn't go to the effort of sketching a layout.

I am actually really glad I took part in this challenge. (By the way, the person who provided the sketch was Tina Gillespie) It forced me to create based on a particular design, rather than focusing on the product, and that is a good thing. I love the way that the elements come together, and the fact that I used papers from 2 different Stampin'Up! ranges, as well as some flowers I had in my stash.

The flowers were a tad too bright for the card, so I blotted them with some Whisper White ink. I love the chalky look that resulted, they look soft, and almost velvety. *happy accident happy dance*

After doing this challenge, I am thinking I would like to work to a sketch more often. I thought that it would restrict my creativity, when in actual fact, it allowed me to use my creativity in another direction.

Perhaps next time I will post a sketch on here and you can show me your interpretations.

Love, Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment