Tuesday 5 April 2016

Butterfly Gift Box using the Envelope Punch Board

 Todays project is a cute little gift box made using the Envelope Punch Board.

I never would have thought you could make a box using the envelope board, but this YouTube tutorial proved otherwise! (I also LOVE listening to her cheerful voice "Hi Stampers!")

I used simple kraft cardstock for my box, as I wanted it to have a natural feel. I knew this would work perfectly with my Watercolor Wings butterflies stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.


I have layered 2 butterflies here, adhering only the centre of their bodies so that the wings are free to move. The butterflies are actually stamped on lighter weight kraft paper... dont throw away the packaging in your Stampin'Up! order, its perfect for lightweight kraft elements!

I wanted to use sone Cherry Cobbler ribbon around the box, but happened to have run out, so I improvised by using some kraft paper and a dot design stamp from the same set as the butterfly!

A quick tip: When using the Punch Board, try not too be too heavy handed with your scoring. A medium pressure is fine. If you score too deeply, your paper may tear on folding. 

 Thanks for visiting today, Love Em

No comments:

Post a Comment