Friday 18 March 2016

Mixing It Up!

 Im not sure if you have noticed, but generally my cards are pretty simple. 1 or 2 stamp sets or maybe a die cut, and just 1 or 2 ink colours.


But not this card LOL.

Perhaps it was because I was on holidays at the time, or maybe I was just having an "arty moment", but I just kept adding bits and pieces, layering colours and "stampin' up!"



The background features a stamp from Gorgeous Grunge set, which I have stamped over and over again in Mint Macaron ink. Because of the imperfect look of this set, it isnt neccesary to line up the images using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, you can just free style it.

The flowers and the sentiment are from the Botanicals For You set, one of the Sale-a-bration freebies*. The ink colours used are Hello Honey (which matches the cardstock border), Blackberry Bliss (which ties in with the sentiment and the Bold Butterfly Framelit), Lost Lagoon, and Watermelon Wonder (as found in the setiment border and on the Elegant Butterfly Punch)

Although it's quite a variation on my usual style, I actually really like this card. Its so cheerful!

Have a happy day, Em

*to earn a your FREE Sale-a-bration freebie simply click shop now in the side bar. You get 1 free item for every $90 spent. Only available til March 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment