Tuesday 9 February 2016

A Card for Kaden

Our nephew Kaden (aged 3) is really into "Dino-daurs" at the moment, so I wanted to make him a special card using the 'No Bones About It" set.

Kaden (left) with little brother Spencer.
 Inspired by the Spot series of books, I decided to make a lift the flap cards featuring matching dinosaur bones underneath each dinosaur picture.





 The motled look of the dinosaurs came about as a result of experimentation with supplies. I ended up stamping each image using an InColor marker (resulting in a washed look) then restamping over the top using the same image lightly inked with Basic Black. I really love the result. The background is sketched using a journalling pen.

Each flap lifts independently to reveal the bones.


The 'Have a dino-riffic' comes from the No Bones About It set, but I clipped off 'birthday' as it wasnt applicable, and replaced it with 'Day' from the Sale-a-bration set Perfect Pairings. Lots of sentiments can be mixed and matched to create even more options, so if you cant find the wording you want, try making youf own!

I cant wait to see Kaden's face when I give him the card... now to make something suited to 1 year old Spence.

HAPPY CRAFTING!
Love Em

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




1 comment: