Tuesday 21 April 2015

Retired Products = Huge Savings


Well, its that time of year, and Stampin'Up! have announced their retiring products in preparation for the new catalogue on June 2nd.

These products are reduced to clear, and once they are gone, that's it!

There are some great products in this years collection, especially all of the In Color goodies. There are also heaps of Big Shot accessories, and even the Texture Boutique Machine!


 For those who scrapbook, you cannot go past all of the Project Life that is reduced to clear. There is just too much to list here, make sure you check it out. I am loving the Little Moments sets! Remember, even if you don't do Project Life, these elements incorporate perfectly in traditional pages or can be used to create cards!


 I have tried to narrow down 5 products that I think are absolute MUST BUYS for me. It was really hard, but on a limited budget, this is how I would spend my money on the sale.


 1. PETITE PENNANTS BUILDING PUNCH
There is actually a coordinating stamp set to this punch (which is on special too) but I think the punch itself is really valuable. Think about how popular bunting imagery is- in home decor, on cards, on clothing, on invitations, jewelery... the list goes on. This punch allows you to create cute mini bunting out of any papers you own. You can make a straight edge, scallop edge, or layer them. I can see this punch being used for years to come, and at half price ($14.98) you really cant go wrong!

 2. SKINNY MINI ALPHABET
Alphabet stamps are extremely versatile, and allow you to create unusual sentiments, as well as peoples names. You can really individualize your greetings. For those with kids, I also think alphabet stamps are a really fun way to teach spelling and letter recognition. I like the Skinny Mini Alphabet because the font is fun, but not overly informal, which lends it to a variety of uses in card making. The size of the letters is also really practical, not too big, not too small. I anticipate that this set is going to sell out fast!


 3. LIFE IN THE FOREST STAMPS
This set was one of the ones that made me fall in love with Stampin'Up! It is ridiculously cute! I have put off buying it, as I wasn't sure I would use it enough, but every time I see it, my head is filled with gorgeous cards, gift tags and scrapbook pages. So for me, this is definitely going in the cart



The following two items are papers. I know some people think that buying papers in a sale is crazy, because they aren't that expensive to start with. But with the amount of paper I use, I am always happy to get it on special, even if it only saves me a few dollars.

4. ALL ABLOOM PAPER PACK
If you follow my blog, you will know I love this paper. To be honest, I think it is my favorite from last years catalogue. I love the size too, being a small paper pad makes it easy to take to crops or craft days, or even have it sitting out on the kitchen table without creating too much mess. At $5.98 I will definitely be stocking up on a few of these handy paper pads!






5. GOLD SOIREE SPECIALTY DSP
My final pic is this gorgeous specialty DSP. If you have yet to purchase Stampin'Up! specialty paper, now is the time to do so! Featuring metallic gold, these papers add a luxe effect to any project.
So... what are your top buys from the retiring list? I look forward to hearing them.
Love, Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment