Thursday 22 January 2015

papa magic

Whilst Dan and I don't have any children, we do have a beautiful niece and two cute little nephews! My sister is a photographer (Anna Hartley Photography) which means we get lots of beautiful photos.

This photo of our niece (with my dad) was taken a few years ago now, but remains a favourite. I love the look of wonder she has over the shadows. My dad (papa) always created 'magic' in the small things of my childhood, and does the same with his three grandkids, this layout was created to celebrate that.

All of the patterned papers used are from Stampin'Up. I love yellow, white and grey together (I think I have mentioned before that it is the scheme for my home) I freehand drew the butterfly, basing my design on a smaller Stampin'Up punch.


The photograph was captured in a moment of play between my dad and my niece. Photograph: Anna Hartley Photography

These letters are 'Thickers' from American Crafts.

I love hand stitching on my layouts and cards, and managed to find a cotton that perfectly matched my Stampin'Up ink. A lot of people find hand stitching too time consuming, however, I will often do a bunch of cards and layouts when I have time (like on the weekend) then when I watch tv or am waiting at appointments during the week I will stitch them. I even do stitching on long car trips (not whilst driving ofcourse) as we have to travel 800kms per month for a grocery trip. I get bored easily!

Well, its about time I made some lunch (thinking eggs on toast!)

Love, Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment