Monday 22 December 2014

1 gift box = 5 ways

This week I received some Decorative Window Gift Boxes in the mail. Immediately I had thoughts of baking biscuits for friends, wedding bonbonieres, filling it with little hair clips for a friends baby... my mind was in overload!



The boxes are beautiful by themselves, and come in a packet of 6. I couldn't help but get out the stamping supplies and play though :)

I love how this box came out, it would be perfect for presenting to the bride at her hens night or on the special day. I used Calypso Coral cardstock to create the pink elements, and the white would be perfect in Whisper White or Very Vanilla (I would probably match to whether the bride was dressed in white or ivory.) I stamped the 'For the Bride' element using Calypso Coral ink and the Cheers to Love stamp set. The butterflies can be punched using the Elegant Butterfly punch, and I added some pearls for a bridal look.





This box would be perfect for some chocolates or cookies I think! I created the flower myself using the StampinUp Hessian ribbon. I love this ribbon, its so versatile.
The button was a vintage glass one I had in my collection, but StampinUp sell plenty of gorgeous buttons including a vintage looking range.
The cardstock and inks used are Coastal Cabana and Hello Honey, and the stamped image is actually a combination of the Label Love and Another Thankyou stamp sets.




I created this box with my husband in mind, I think it would be great with a couple of fishing lures! The cardstock used is Mossy Meadow and Tangelo Twist. Again the thankyou image is from Another Thankyou (I love that set!) and there is a simple Hessian Ribbon decoration. The hessian is a great masculine touch!





The Mr and Mrs box was so simple, it literally took me about 5 minutes to make! A simple Hessian Ribbon bow, set off with a vintage buckle in my collection. You could also use a circle punch or a big button for similar effect.
I used the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock for the label, with Whisper White Ink. I love this look and it matches perfectly with the kraft and white elements on the box.

Finally, I created this Best Friend box for a dear friend of mine. I used the Strawberry Slush and Hello Honey inks to create the label (from the Label Love stamp set) and I actually used some vintage wallpaper for the bow. Any patterned paper would be perfect for this use!












I hope that you have enjoyed this post, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me :)
All StampinUp items can be found using the SHOP NOW link at right.


Love, Emilie

1 comment: